Like most humans, I’m rather self centered, and thus, a site dedicated to me. To help offset the overwhelming pretentiousness, I do offer resources for the web, 3d, and graphic communities, along with occasional self deprecation. Enjoy!
I grew up in the Indiana wilderness (to this day, few cell phones, and no DSL or cable makes its way to my parents house; it’s way out there); homeschooled through lower education, and attended Indiana Wesleyan University for the higher part. I have a bachelor degree (or two) in Computer Graphics and Photography.
After working a while at the WGM Media Department doing video production, visual effects, and motion graphics (including a documentary trip to Kenya), I freelanced graphic design and visual effects jobs for half a year. I was also visual effects supervisor for the award winning short film No Greater Love.
I spent a year and a half in the Cincinatti Ohio / Northern Kentucky area, doing design, illustration, motion graphics, and visual effects. Part of that time was working for a museum art team, creating various visual effects and animations for displays. I also got to work a bit on historical instrument research and reconstruction, interactive kiosk design, and an awesome CNC machine!
Currently I reside just north of Detroit, Michigan, and work for Vectorform as the lead motion designer. While that’s my formal title, I do anything from poster sized CG illustrations to interactive motion experiences. Thankfully I still get to do some 3D and animation, and am always keeping up with the latest CG tech.
I like spring and fall, but hate the temperature extremes of winter and summer.
My hair used to be long, then it was really short, now it’s just messy.
A favourite meal can be as simple as a big apple and a block of cheese, or as elaborate as exotic salads with aged vinaigrettes and imported Irish cheddar.
I post a fair amount to twitter, blog on occasion, and even visit facebook once in awhile. I’m a country boy at heart (albeit with none of the charm, good looks, or tan!), and can barely survive without being surrounded by copious amounts of green grass and trees.
To review my professional work, visit SymbolEffects.com for visual effects and production reels, or JohnEinselen.com for my photography, illustration, and design. You can also check out my LinkedIn profile, Coroflot, or the short listing on IMDB.
My free time, if there is any, is spent hacking away on any number of hobbies. You can find a lot of my personal projects tucked away on this site, including my music instrument collection, depressing poetry, and attempts at cooking up my own recipes. Various photos end up on flickr.com.
Nate Barton Elihu Ihms Beth Ihms Jeremy Laughlin Eric Linden Keith Lowe Michael Morris Gene Peelman Emily Sampson Tyler Smith Adam Smith Shari Streutker Dan Swartz Jeremiah Wilson Sarah Wilson Ideal Images Ent
12seconds 3Djunkies 500px.com Appboy App.net Apple Discussion ArtFinder Audioboo.fm Blogger Blurb CGhub CGsociety Coroflot Delicious DeviantArt Digg Facebook Flavors.me Flickr Formspring Forrst Forrst.me Foursquare FriendFeed Fuzz.com gdgt Gist GitHub Glue Google Gowalla Gravatar HitRecord.org Hulu IMDb Imeem IntenseDebate IUseThis - iPhone IUseThis - OSX Klout Kongregate Krop Lala.com Last.fm LinkedIn MacRumors MacUpdate Meetup MooTools Forge MusicHype.com MySpace Steampunk.ning.com Odeo Pandora Ping Pinterest Plan.fm RedGiant People ReelRoulette RiffWorld RunKeeper Snipplr SoundCloud StackOverflow Steam Steepster.com Strobox TUAW Tumblr TV.com Twellow Twitpic Twitter - Iaian7 Twitter - Iaian7appcast Twitter - JEinselen Vevo Vimeo Vizualize.me Yelp.com YouTube YouVersion
- @germanshepherd Awesome! 11 hours ago
- Starting a brand new cloak pattern for my 1812 outfit, slow going at first… http://t.co/1QBU5gGGWq 1 day ago
- @LeeTophers (though perhaps some of these are repeat suggestions…can’t remember what I’ve posted before ) 1 day ago
- @LeeTophers Oooh, also History of Painters (http://t.co/dFxkTApCgG), Passenger (http://t.co/VsA0ASaGvR), McMarrow (http://t.co/moTgLEjUfP) 1 day ago
- @LeeTophers Yeah! They met up in LA, but all happen to be Michigan natives (thus the reference to “Huron”). Love the thick blend of music. 1 day ago
- Well, that surface bake turned out less than usable! But very funny. #Lightwave3D #UVmap #utternightmare http://t.co/lqOVhAdg9k 15 hours ago
- I rather expect a Halo crossover to succeed where Defiance failed so miserably — anxious to see the TV series! #XboxOne 2 days ago
- Watching the Xbox One presentation @vectorform — impressive stuff, really looking forward to better skeleton tracking and hand gestures! 2 days ago
- Yes! RT @ArtofVFX: Jean-Pierre Jeunet is back with The Young and Prodigious Spivet: http://t.co/kgq2P3BDGz #CGEV: http://t.co/xtovVyKhTQ 4 days ago
- @elsida_k That’s awesome! And some really stunning vintage photos. May 15th